7 Affordable cocktail recipes for this festive season
The year is about to end and the parties are about to begin. If you’re planning to host a bunch of parties and are wondering how to impress your guests then we might have the right idea for you: The coolest bartender ever!! Everyone wants to have a good time and the booze takes care of that. You need to make sure you’re serving the right booze with the right flavors so that your party becomes the party that is remembered!
We have some crazy cocktail recipes for you that will easily earn you the best bartender title. And we hope you have already sent your invites out by now. But if not, its never too late to invite your guests instantly by text using PurpleSlate. Here we go:
Martini with a twist:
Who doesn’t fancy a good old martini? But this one’s with a little extra flavor.
Prep time: 5 mins; Serves: 1
- Take a tall glass and fill half of it up with ice and then pour 50 ml Viniq vodka, 100 ml cranberry juice and 50 ml of grapefruit juice to give it that breezy punch.
- Stir well and garnish with a thin slice of lime.
- You can also try other combinations with the cranberry juice.
- Pomegranate and orange juice are also refreshing and tasty.
Pineapple and tequila have been a classic combination that can never go wrong since they are natural companions. So if you want your friends to think that you’re some genius mixologist while you may have never made a single drink in your life, this cocktail has to be your weapon.
Prep time: 2 mins; Serves: 1
- Take a tall glass and combine 3 ounces of pineapple juice and 2 ounces of Camarena tequila over ice.
- Stir them to mix well and then top it off with some club soda.
The easiest cocktails are made with sparkling wine because it is almost a cocktail in itself. Sparkling wine cocktails bring both flavor and fizz to the party thereby leaving you with a simple job of reforming the drink with a couple more ingredients, like a fruity liqueur or some aromatic bitters. The moonwalk is a simple yet enlivened combination.
Prep time: 5 mins ; Serves: 1
- Combine 1 oz. of fresh grapefruit juice, 1 oz. of orange liqueur and 3 drops of rose water in an ice-filled shaker.
- Stir well and strain into a champagne glass topped with Stella Rosa sparkling wine.
This dainty yet sturdy cocktail is a party favorite. The champagne is the hero of this cocktail that transforms the yellow mimosa into an icy blue one.
Prep time: 5 mins; Serves: 8
- Place 2 tablespoons of sugar on a shallow plate.
- Rim each champagne glass with a slice of lemon and dip it in the sugar.
- Divide ¼ cups of blue curacao evenly among each glass.
- Fill the glass up halfway with champagne and then top with 2 cups of lemonade divided equally.
- To make the drink look fancier you can cut small pieces of white ribbon and tie them around the glass like a bow.
The quintessential Apple Cider punch:
Apple cider has always proven to be a great ingredient for cocktails. This one is for all the whiskey fans who will be thrilled to see this on the table!
Prep time: 5 mins; Serves: 1
- Combine half a cup of ice, ⅔ cups of apple cider and 2 oz of whiskey in a tall glass and shake vigorously.
- Add thin slices of apple and cinnamon sticks to garnish.
Lemon Gin punch:
This drink is light and refreshing that leaves a soothing taste in your mouth while giving the right boozy punch. The honey balances the acidity of this cocktail.
Prep time: 5 mins; Serves: 4
- In a small saucepan bring ½ cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in ¼ cup of honey while it cools.
- Then, in a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with 1 cup of club soda, ¾ cup of fresh lemon juice and ¾ cup gin.
- Mix well and serve over ice.
- Garnish the glasses with a slice of lemon.
The classic margarita with a bubbly twist:
How can the festive season not witness the greatness of the mighty margaritas? We have concocted the perfect margarita that has a party fizz going about it.
Prep time: 7 mins; Serves: 6
- Take a large pitcher and combine half a cup of fresh lime juice, 1 cup of silver tequila, half a cup of orange liqueur, 3 cups of champagne and stir well.
- Run slices of lime around the rim of the glasses and dip them in coarse salt.
- Finally, divide the margarita equally among the glasses and garnish with lime wedges.
“Jessica Smith has been writing for a few years now. She is a writer by day and reader by night. She was a very quiet child but writing always inspired her and that is why she began writing in her free time. She loves reading, be it a newspaper, a book or anything. She also loves cooking, traveling and dancing. She wants to be a successful writer as writing is her passion.”
Posted by PurpleSlate on December 19, 2018.
- Hosting the Perfect Valentine’s Day
- 3 Places to Visit on Valentine's Day
- 4 Old-Fashioned Themes For A Party At Home
- 7 Affordable cocktail recipes for this festive season
- 100 Easy Christmas Decoration Ideas
- Invitations on PurpleSlate - The most affordable way to manage event invites
- PurpleSlate's Invite Platform - New Focus Toward Businesses
- Now Add An Invitation Link with PurpleSlate Invitation Maker!
- FREE Text Invitations & RSVPs with PurpleSlate
- Evite™ Introduced Text Message Invitations, but PurpleSlate Does it Better!