PurpleSlate – A free invitation maker and an alternative to Evite™ digital invitations
In a crowded mobile app market, many of our friends asked us why we decided to start PurpleSlate – a free invitation maker on your mobile.
The answer is one word: Simplicity.
- We wanted to simplify people’s lives and make it easy to get together with loved ones.
- We were frustrated with Evite™ digital invitations and Facebook events which either end up in spam or easily go unnoticed
- We wanted to create an app that delivers a unique, uncomplicated, uncluttered, and a quieter mobile experience while making plans to meet with people.
As we spend more time online, ‘we have lost much of the excitement and humanity of personal interactions,’ explains Neha Mohta, founder and product artist of PurpleSlate.
‘We hope that our app will encourage many individuals to plan more in-person, face-to-face communication with friends, family, and people who matter in their lives – and capture these valuable, private interactions in a meaningful way.’ – says Neha.
PurpleSlate’s core features
First and foremost, we wanted an app that you could use to :
1. Make plans with close friends and family via text messages :
After surveying the market, we quickly saw a gap in current offerings like Evite™ and Facebook Events, and we sought to create a solution that would be both dynamic and beautiful.
2. Send Messages anytime :
We also wanted the app to be functional beyond event planning. For example, if you need to send messages, you shouldn’t have to exit the app and open up your phone’s messenger service.
3. Edit photos and collect memories :
The same goes for taking photos and beautifying them. Why leave the app to crop, adjust brightness, or add filters with another photo editor when you should be able to do it all in one place?
We created PurpleSlate!
It is a mobile-number based free invitation maker that allows you to:
- Create invitations and send them via text messages
- Select your guest/guests from your contacts
- Set reminders on calendars
- Collect RSVP real time
- Get recent updates on events
- Edit photos and beautify them
- Chat with your contacts inside or outside of any event
- Share photos, videos and audios
- Send cool stickers that speak your mind
- And other good stuff
In short, we made a killer combination of an invitation maker, photo editor and messenger.
What makes PurpleSlate different than an Evite™ digital invitation or Facebook event
Here we go :
- Email or Facebook notifications have very low open rates as everybody gets too much of both. Whereas text has 99% open rate and no one misses it. That is what makes us different. The people you want to hang out with text you and vice versa anyway. So our platform allows you to do exactly that – invite via text messaging.
- RSVP rates are much higher over text vs. email or Evite™ digital invitation, etc.
- We make events truly mobile. Your guests do not event need to download an app to be part of an event.
How do you plan on using our mobile invitation maker – PurpleSlate? We’d love to hear.
Posted by Jake Wengroff on March 13, 2017.I have served as the Founding Chairman of the Social Media Strategies Summit, and have written for publications such as CMO.com and InformationWeek. I have been quoted in Time, Reuters, Bloomberg, and other publications on the topics of social media and marketing. If you enjoyed reading this post, join our email list to get free email updates.
- Hosting the Perfect Valentine’s Day
- 3 Places to Visit on Valentine's Day
- 4 Old-Fashioned Themes For A Party At Home
- 7 Affordable cocktail recipes for this festive season
- 100 Easy Christmas Decoration Ideas
- Invitations on PurpleSlate - The most affordable way to manage event invites
- PurpleSlate's Invite Platform - New Focus Toward Businesses
- Now Add An Invitation Link with PurpleSlate Invitation Maker!
- FREE Text Invitations & RSVPs with PurpleSlate
- Evite™ Introduced Text Message Invitations, but PurpleSlate Does it Better!